ADRA-UK is seeking your support for our annual Emergencies Appeal. The world is facing unprecedented challenges, with an alarming increase in the frequency and intensity of natural disasters, coupled with political instabilities that are causing devastating effects on local communities.
Earthquakes and extreme weather events such as floods, heatwaves, draughts and storms have become more frequent and severe, impacting vulnerable communities around the globe. These extreme events are displacing families, destroying homes, and disrupting the lives of countless individuals specifically those living in the most vulnerable areas of the world such as least developed, landlocked or small island nations .
Adding to the complexity of the situation, political instabilities have intensified the plight of vulnerable populations. Displacement, lack of access to basic resources, and the breakdown of essential services are some of the harsh consequences faced by communities in regions affected by political unrest. Political instabilities continue to impact children and families around the globe as seen most recently in Gaza, Lebanon, Sudan, Burkina Faso and Niger as well as the continuing war in Ukraine and Myanmar.,
In these trying times, the need for humanitarian aid and development initiatives has never been more critical. This is why we are reaching out to you, our valued supporters, to join hands with us in providing essential relief to those in desperate need.
Impact of Last Year’s Emergency Appeal:
Amidst these challenging circumstances, thanks to your generous contributions and unwavering support, ADRA-UK made a significant impact in 2023. We were able to raise £177,440 to support emergency response operations performed by our country offices best placed to assist those in need. These donations contributed to:
- Turkey & Syria Earthquake – Helped improve access to shelter, water and sanitation, and to distribute Non-Food Items (NFI) kits and multi-purpose cash.
- Malawi Cyclone Freddy – Provided emergency WASH assistance and household items to ensure people have sufficient and appropriate items for safe, healthy and private sleeping. Provided vegetable seeds and drought resistant crops to assist sustainable rebuilding.
- Horn of Africa food crises (Somalia & South Sudan) – Reduced suffering of 420 households affected by drought by providing cash assistance for food provision.
- Sudan Refugee Crisis (influx of refugees into South Sudan & Chad) – Provided emergency WASH assistance, cash assistance to 178 households and distributed shelters and NFIs to people in need.
- Morocco Earthquake – Provided affected people with basic goods and services including WASH items, food and shelter items.
- Afghanistan Earthquake – Provided and distributed food assistance and NFIs kits to 800 most vulnerable households.
- Nepal Earthquake – Helped rebuild healthcare infrastructure by supporting local authorities to provide medicines and medical supplies. Enabled the distribution of winter relief kits including blankets, caps, gloves, socks, shawls, hot waterbags, etc.
- Ukraine War (Ukraine & Slovakia) – Providing humanitarian aid packages to families without access to basic food and sanitation. Assisting in provision of material assistance, finding accommodation, jobs, schools, medical care for displaced people in Slovakia.
- Lebanon – Working with Protestant Foundation to provide food assistance to 535 displaced households, addressing their immediate nutritional needs.
Your support has been instrumental in making a positive change, and we are truly grateful for your commitment to creating a better, more resilient world.
How You Can Help:
– Donate: Your financial support is crucial in enabling us to respond swiftly to emergencies and to support implementation of long-term solutions. Use the link below to donate to this year’s Emergencies Appeal and make an ongoing commitment via Direct Debit.
– Volunteer: Get in touch using the link below if you are interested in volunteering at our events throughout the year.
– Fundraise: Visit our fundraising page to get involved in fundraising for ADRA-UK.
– Spread the Word: Share this appeal with your network to increase awareness. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook and share our posts.
Let us stand together and make a difference in the lives of those affected by these crises. Your compassion and generosity can bring hope and relief to those who need it the most.