ADRA-UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ADRA-UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2018.
- We are storing your personal details securely on Donorfy;
- Our data is held within the EEA;
- We only hold your information for as long as necessary;
- You are in control of your information and can always ask us to stop using it;
- We will only contact you in the ways that you wish and you can talk to us about that;
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- contact details including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to the services we provide through our website (see below)
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, including the following reasons:
- to respond to requests for resources
- to process payments, donations and ADRA shop purchases
- for internal record keeping
- to provide information which will improve the service we offer to supporters and other users of our website
- to enable us to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may provide your personal information to third party suppliers in order for them to provide you with a service on ADRA-UK’s behalf, such as processing a donation or sending you supplies, but this data would not be retained or used for any other purpose.
Please contact us if you wish to request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or identify you when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- PHP Session ID cookie. This is used to anonymously identify each unique user of the website, and is used by the server to provide a continuous service. It expires when the browser is closed.
- Traffic log and Google Analytics cookies. These provide anonymous statistics on website usage and identify which pages are being used and which resources are being downloaded. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to the needs of users. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over content or usage of your data on other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!