ADRA-UK is an independent charity working to make a difference in the lives of the poor and afflicted across the world. We are now looking to add a full-time Programmes Officer to support the team’s busy workload. We are seeking an academically trained individual with previous experience in overseas development or relief work, excellent track record and a commitment to the values of ADRA-UK. This position marks an opportunity to join a dynamic team working to help people across the world.
- managing a project grants portfolio;
- supporting implementing partners to deliver against objectives throughout the project cycle;
- supporting ADRA-UK’s implementing partnersto identify and develop high value (£250k +) complex proposals (including M&E frameworks) and donor budgets;
- investigating, sourcing and monitoring funds from government, public and private donors;
- hold a Masters degree in international development / international relations / related subject;
- have experience in working with government donors on grant applications;
- have at least two years of experience in relief and development work;
- have in depth understanding of current relief and development issues;
- have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- have a passion for serving people and communities in need;
- be an enthusiastic motivator;
- be committed to ADRA’s principles of development and the SDA Christian beliefs;
Deadline for applications is the 14th of July 2018
ADRA International (in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA) places individuals throughout the ADRA global network. View positions vacant throughout the global ADRA network.